Holders of rights of use are required to contribute to the sustainable and efficient use of the resource by paying:
- Economic compensation for the use of water: mandatory payment to the State as consideration for the use of the resource, whatever its origin, whose value is determined annually by the ANA differentiated according to the type of water use, taking into account social criteria, economic and environmental. The payment, which according to the rules of the LRH does not constitute tax, is intended for management and administration, formulation of management plans for water resources, among others.
- Economic compensation for the dumping of wastewater use: make a payment authorized in a receiving water body shedding, the same does not constitute tax, as regards the rules of the LRH. It is established annually by the ANA in terms of quality and volume of dumping and recovery costs affected the water source, without replacing compliance with the provisions of the law and other standards of protection and water conservation. It will go to monitoring, prevention, control and remediation of environmental damage affecting water quality and associated assets in the respective basin.
- Fee for service water distribution sector uses: payment to the right holder made public entity in charge of infrastructure, or the entity that carried by express delegation of the first, by way of operation, maintenance, replacement, administration and recovery of public investment employed, according to law.
- Fee for the use of major and minor water infrastructure: payment in favor of the public entity in charge of the infrastructure or the entity that carried by express delegation of the first, by way of operation, maintenance, replacement, management and recovery public investment used.
- Fee for monitoring and management of groundwater use: payment made by users of groundwater for productive purposes that do not have their own systems for monitoring and management of these waters. The funds are used to monitor the use of this water and the water table and to manage the use of this water for sustainable availability.